Can’t find the answer to your question? Feel free to contact us, we are always ready to assist you with any questions you may have in mind.
Upon booking, you’ll meet a member of our team and begin to discuss your vision and how we’ll deliver.
6-8 weeks prior to your event, we’ll discuss the final details of your event and make sure everything is set for perfection.
By two weeks prior to your event, the schedule for your event will be finalized and the detailed timeline for the day and evening will be established. Using this timetable, The Intentions! will create a day plan that seamlessly incorporates everything we’ll do to be up and ready for your event, from set up and sound check to performance and tear down.
The Day Of (Setup)
At least 3 hours before guests arrive, our sound team will arrive at the venue to begin setup. 2 hours before guests arrive, the band will load in and setup. With the band and sound set, a 30-minute sound check will follow.
All acts are performed for your excited guests as scheduled or modified, depending on your specific needs.
At the end of the night, our DJ or a playlist will be provided to close the evening.
- The Intentions! require a minimum of four 15A circuits; the vocal ensemble, jazz band, and DJ, require two. It is also important that power supplies be easily accessible to the stage areas.
- For outdoor performances, the band requires an elevated, tented area. Quite often, venues are able to provide a stage or riser in these occasions.
- Stage sizes can vary depending upon the venue and your space requirements. An ideal stage for The Intentions! is between 20’ x 12’ and 24’x 20’
- Production Details: Our production team supplies a PA system appropriate to your space, subs, monitors, mixing board, microphones, stands, cables, stage lighting, and a dedicated sound engineer.
- The size of the vocal ensemble, jazz band, and The Intentions! can be manipulated to suit your needs. Please contact us to discuss which option may work best for you.
- Two song requests are included in each booking. When booked for a wedding, most often these song requests are played during the newly weds first dance and the father/daughter dance. Additional requests can also be arranged at an additional fee.
- The Intentions! play all types of weddings, cultural and lifestyle.
- In lieu of our DJ service, clients are able to provide playlists that we will happily play throughout your event: during dinner, between sets, etc.
- If a musician is unable to attend a scheduled event, rest assured that a member of our community will step in, without missing a beat.
- Bookings are secured upon a deposit of 20%. The remaining balance can be paid anytime prior to the performances.
- All payments can be made via e-transfer, cash, or cheque.